Jill Williamson's Reviews > Beyond the Reflection's Edge

Beyond the Reflection's Edge by Bryan Davis

Feb 27, 09

Review by Jill Williamson

Sixteen-year-old Nathan Shepherd has an unusual life traveling the world with his investigator father, his world-renowned violinist mother, and his personal tutor. Something goes wrong at a concert in Chicago that results in the death of his parents. Nathan moves to a small town to live with a childhood friend of his father’s and his teenage daughter Kelly. He takes little with him: his mother’s violin and the Quattro mirror his father had insisted he keep safe.

As Nathan tries to adapt to his new life, he discovers that his small mirror is the missing piece of a wall-sized mirror in his new bedroom. Once the mirror is whole, Nathan stumbles onto a mystery. The mirror shows him things. But are they his dreams? the future? or a different world? Could his parents still be alive? Nathan and Kelly must work together to figure it all out.

Wow. This was a completely unexpected and unique story. I’ve read a few books before that deal with different dimensions, and although this one did get a bit confusing, it was much easier to understand for this non-science girl. I liked Nathan’s character a lot. This world needs a lot more “perfect gentlemen.” I also really enjoyed how the plot kept unfolding. I sort of saw the ending coming, but I didn’t know how Bryan Davis was going to get us there. Overall, this was a really entertaining, fast-paced story. My kind of book. My kind of unique plot. My kind of story. Highly recommended.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Beyond the Reflection's Edge.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san Wow, what a good review! My friend recommended this book to me too, put HERE is just another awsome reason to read this book!!!