Sarah's Reviews > Identical

F_50x66
Feb 27, 09

bookshelves: teen
Read in February, 2009

Identical twins Kaeleigh and Raeanne lead what looks like the perfect life. But appearances can be deceiving. Eight years ago, their father, a respected judge, was involved in a fatal car accident. Since the incident, their home life has been in shambles. Their mother is embarked on an ambitious campaign for congress, and is emotionally unavailable. Kaeleigh endures repulsive sexual abuse from her father, and turns to cutting and bulimia to stifle her pain. Raeanne rebels against her family and finds solace in drugs and promiscuity. Each twin tells her side of the story in alternating verse. This is raw emotion, and will draw the reader in, but not for the faint of heart. Best for 9th and up.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Identical.

Comments (showing 1-2)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

message 2: by Kathie (new)

Kathie I just finished a book based on twins, The Thirteenth Tale. Liked it alot. A bit of a mystery, not a 'who-dun-it it kind of thing but more of an intrigue.

Sarah Kathie wrote: "I just finished a book based on twins, The Thirteenth Tale. Liked it alot. A bit of a mystery, not a 'who-dun-it it kind of thing but more of an intrigue."

Oh...I liked that one too! Good stuff!