Ashly Nagrant's Reviews > Good as Lily

Good as Lily by Derek Kirk Kim

2065198
Feb 27, 09

bookshelves: comics

Just what the world needed: a comic where the whole message is that if you don't date the "nice guy" in high school, you'll end up alone forever and ever and wishing you'd just gone out with that nice boy who knew what your favorite muffin was and golly, he thought you were pretty!

In other words: this is so many teen romance movies in comic form, written by a guy who probably didn't get the girl he wanted in high school and has gotten his revenge by writing a comic where it's made clear the important parts of a woman's future aren't determined by her job, her personal success or her attitude, but entirely on whether or not she settled for someone she fell for at 17.
4 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Good as Lily.

message 1: by Adam (new)

Adam You might want to try out KIMMIE66 (also MINX). Written and drawn by one of the Invader Zim artists, it's a bit more... weird. And therefore probably a better fit for folks like us.

Ashly Nagrant Adam wrote: "You might want to try out KIMMIE66 (also MINX). Written and drawn by one of the Invader Zim artists, it's a bit more... weird. And therefore probably a better fit for folks like us."

That's actually one of the next ones on my list. But I'm glad you're recommending it, I was afraid it wouldn't live up to the preview pages I'd seen.