Susan Shulman's Reviews > If It's A Choice, My Zygote Chose Balls: Making Sense of Senseless Controversy

If It's A Choice, My Zygote Chose Balls by Jeremy Hooper

Dec 13, 12

Recommended to Susan by: Jeremy Hooper and Andrew Shulman
Recommended for: everyone and anyone
Read in January, 2012 — I own a copy, read count: twice

Of course I was going to read this book (I have read it twice so far). Jeremy is my son-in-law and I have a gay son. My first read left me in awe of Jeremy's amazing use of language while presenting a poignant and clear portrait of the gay rights movement. I was a little nervous reading it for the first time, not only for fear of finding typos (that I knew would annoy the heck out of my perfectionist son-in-law), but worried if I would follow it all or maybe find out something that Jeremy felt that I didn't know how to handle. I made it through, laughing and crying and knowing that this is a wonderful book.

The second read gave me much more. Free of the burdens of looking for typos or scary secrets, I enjoyed the read as a book in which the author is advocating decency for everyone; whether it be for the gay man or lesbian woman or the teenager who is bullied on the playground or the African American or Jew who is subtly kept out of some loop.

This book is a must read for human beings who want to learn, laugh, and feel in touch with the goodness that all humans can and should feel and hopefully demonstrate.

Susan Shulman
4 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read If It's A Choice, My Zygote Chose Balls.