Shawna's Reviews > Make Her Pay

Make Her Pay by Roxanne St. Claire

4 stars – Romantic Suspense

Make Her Pay is the tenth installment of the Bullet Catcher series and features hot-as-sin ex-Navy SEAL and mysterious, reformed professional thief Constantine “Con Man” Xenakis.

Former Navy SEAL Con was a Bullet Catcher until his shady past as a thief caught up with him, and he was discharged under suspicion of foul play when some South African diamonds went missing on one of his ops. Now, he’s finally convinced Lucy to give him one more chance and to earn back his job as a Bullet Catcher. Good thing his SEAL diving skills and thief expertise are needed for the Bullet Catchers’ latest assignment involving undercover infiltration of a top secret treasure salvaging operation.

Con’s job is to pose as the ship crew’s newest diver, recover stolen treasure, and catch the thief red-handed. He’s got just one shot to prove himself, and if he fails, not only is his future as a Bullet Catcher in jeopardy, but his freedom is at stake as well. No problem, the assignment should be a cakewalk for a pro with his talents because after all, who better to trap a thief than another thief? Of course, he didn’t anticipate a hot, 5’4, blonde, spitfire, diver babe attempting to sabotage the treasure hunting efforts for altruistic and personal reasons twisting him up in knots and making him question his motives, the mission, and his future.

Lizzie Dare has an important agenda of her own, which is to prove her family’s ancestral legacy and protect the Bombay Blue Diamonds from being sold illegally by greedy treasure hunters. And just when she’s getting close to finally achieving her goal, she has a run-in with a hot, strong, solid wall of muscle who threatens to turn her in. Lizzie’s not about to concede defeat or let the ship’s newest diver Con distract or dissuade her, no matter how damn sexy, tan, and Greek-god built he is. But when it becomes clear that somebody wants to stop Lizzie, as in sleep with the sharks permanently, Bullet Catcher Con finds himself risking the mission to play protector and savior.

It’s an exciting addition to the Bullet Catcher saga with a hunkalicious hero, a lovable, spunky heroine, lots of fun, treasure seeking adventure, and smokin’ hot romance. 4 stars.
7 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Make Her Pay.

10/17/2009 page 127
34.51% "Oh my...Constantine X can be my 'Con Man' any day! *fans self*" 1 comment
show 1 hidden update…

message 1: by Rane (new)

Rane Great Review Shawna
*adds Con Man to her new long list of strange nicknames for book heroes :P*

message 2: by Auntee (new) - added it

Auntee Sounds really good, Shawna. I hope to get to this one before the end of the year (*sigh*).

Shawna Rane wrote: "Great Review Shawna
*adds Con Man to her new long list of strange nicknames for book heroes :P*"

Thanks, Rane! LOL, there have been a few unique hero names lately.

Shawna Auntee wrote: "Sounds really good, Shawna. I hope to get to this one before the end of the year (*sigh*)."

Thanks, Auntee! I feel ya; I've got several series that I need to catch up on.