Christine (Shh Moms Reading)'s Reviews > How to Misbehave

How to Misbehave by Ruthie Knox

Dec 17, 2012

You can find our review at www.shhmomsreading.com

I love Ruthie Knox’s work and when I was provided an ARC of this novella to be released on January 28, 2013, I could not wait to dig right in!

Amber and Tony are stuck in the basement of the community center because of a tornado that has hit their area. Tony is a hard worker with beat up hands and he knows what he wants and won’t take crap from anyone. Amber is innocent and squeaky clean. She is pure, attended Christian school and seems prim and proper. But as they say, opposites do attract and things aren’t always what they seem.
On the outside, Tony is a macho strong guy. But Tony has his insecurities and thinks that he is undeserving and won’t amount to anything. Amber hasn’t had any luck in relationships because they are SO boring and she wants more excitement and “different” than what she is used to.

I experienced many emotions throughout this book. There were parts that I literally had a smile on my face as I read - when they talked in the dark basement during the tornado (which we see that darkness sometimes brings comfort and you aren’t as afraid to talk about crazy topics!). I laughed out loud when Tony said, “Jesus Christ, you aren’t a bunny at all!” It was electrifying and it was hot!
I think Tony likes her more than he realizes. He is patient with her and teaches her how to be more comfortable with herself. He gives her confidence. She is return is good for him too. He learns to laugh and seems to enjoy life more. Tony reveals a deeply heartbreaking secret which allows the reader to see how complex this man is and why he is the way that he is.

Will Tony realize that he could have happiness? Is he willing to take the risk with her without knowing the outcome? Is love worth it?

Another great Ruthie Knox novella! Go and get it when it comes out! You won’t be disappointed! This is the first in the Camelot series by Ruthie. Book 2 – Along Came Trouble will release on 3/11/2013 and Book 3, Flirting with Disaster will release on 6/1/13.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read How to Misbehave.

04/02 marked as: read