Faye's Reviews > Perfect Chemistry

Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles

Jul 28, 09

bookshelves: favorites, signed, contemporary
Read in July, 2009

Northsider Brittany Ellis has everything any teenager wants: popularity, money, and good looks. On outside, she has a great life, but her perfect persona is just a cover-up for her troubled home life. She feel's She has to be in control and be perfect because her sister isn't.

Southsider Alex Fuentes has a bad-boy reputation, but all he wants is to get out of his gang and graduate.

So when they are partnered together in chemistry class, life starts to make more sense. Written from both Brittany and Alex's perspective, this story shows what's going on below the surface for each person as they break through stereotypes and expectations that threaten to keep them apart.

This is like a modernized Shakespeare story of Romeo and Juliet, story similar to R&J tend to get boring and too original. PERFECT CHEMISTRY is not one of those books. It was addicting and the story was vibrant. The characters came to life and it was like I was there watching the story unfold.

The way Simone Elkeles wrote the story was absolutely perfect. I absolutely love the story. There were some parts that I literally cried, laughed, and screamed because I was so frustrated.
Overall, it's an fantastic read and totally chick-lit. It's an stunning love story that will keep you turning the page to find out what happens. I will so definitely be re reading this one. This book was simply wonderful. I know some people might get annoyed with the whole star crossed lovers living on the opposite sides of town fall for each other. But really... this book totally changes the story by the details of the two main characters and that's what really did it for me.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Perfect Chemistry.

Quotes Faye Liked

Simone Elkeles
“We're actors in our lives, pretendin' to be who we want people to think we are.”

Simone Elkeles
“I want to try making things right because picking up the pieces is way better than leaving them the way they are.”

Simone Elkeles
“One of the things that makes me who I am is the loyalty I have to people I hold close to my heart.”

07/27/2009 page 264