Rachael's Reviews > Something, Maybe

Something, Maybe by Elizabeth Scott

Feb 26, 2009

Hannah is invisible, and she likes it that way. She made herself like that on purpose because everybody knows, it seems, who her parents are. Ordinarily, this might not be such a bad thing, but because her father is Jackson James, an older used-to-be-celebrity famous for partying with his scantily clad and much younger girlfriends, and her mother is Candy Madison, a has-been known for being clothed in naught but a pizza box in a commercial, attention is not something Hannah wants or needs. All Hannah wants to do is get her super cute crush Josh to notice her, but that’s much easier said than done. And with family drama and the attention of annoying Finn, it’s going to take some time for Hannah to realie who really cares about her.

Scott is by far one of my favorite teen romance authors because of the skill and passion shown by her writing, and Something, Maybe is definitely up to par. I love how Scott places her protagonists in such unique situations that make her stories so moving, emotional, and memorable. Hannah is a realistically drawn character, but even if I can’t empathize with her life story as I’m sure most readers won’t be able to, I can definitely related to her fear of taking risks and desire for something real she can count on. I was rooting the whole way for Hannah to sort out her life and find some happiness. I did feel that Hannah’s friendship with Teagan was a little haphazardly thrown in there, but everything else is almost perfectly placed. Both predictable and surprising, Something, Maybe is a sweet romance that will evoke emotional response as well as happy sighs from all readers.

Fans of Scott’s writing, especially in Bloom and Stealing Heaven, will not want to miss her latest in Something, Maybe. Readers who enjoyed When It Happens by Susane Colasanti or anything by Sarah Dessen will also like this romantic novel.

reposted from http://thebookmuncher.blogspot.com
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Something, Maybe.