Barbara ★'s Reviews > Lord of the Nile

Lord of the Nile by Constance O'Banyon

1968285
Apr 26, 09

bookshelves: read-2009, historical, x-set-in-africa-egypt, first-in-series, romance, x-set-in-africa, author-o
Recommended for: those who enjoy Egypt and/or Roman conquests
Read in February, 2009

I put this book down twice today because I just wasn't interested in reading another desert/slave story. I was determined to finish it today, so once again I picked it up and pressed on. I'm glad I did as it was a terrific tale.

Danae is a strikingly beautiful young woman whose father has died and unwittingly left her at the mercy of his deranged nephew. She has fled her home and taken up residence in Alexandria, the capital. While fleeing, a Roman warship passes and an incredibly handsome officer is standing on deck. Danae is entranced and so is he.

Upon a future visit to the King, she sees him again and he threatens her. Terrified, she again flees for her life and is captured by a bedoin tribe and held prisoner.

The further adventures of Danae and Lord Ramtat are quite entertaining. There is much turmoil as each has their own secrets and though they have fallen in love, cannot trust the other.

The second half of the book is fast moving and much better than the beginning. A thoroughly enjoyable read.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lord of the Nile.

02/27/2009 page 63