Sarah's Reviews > Wintergirls

Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson

Feb 26, 09

I was lucky enough to get an early copy of this book, as Laurie and I share a publisher. It is so, so good. The voice is unique, the style like a puzzle and a poem, all at once. Highly recommended. I think it will be HUGE with teenage girls.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wintergirls.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Maelstrom (new) - added it

Maelstrom Reviews I love Laurie Halse Anderson's books and I was curious if this is written in the same kind of emotional vein as Speak was? Best. Ever. I'm really excited for this one (commence countdown to release) to come out.

message 2: by Makaila (new) - added it

Makaila This sounds great.

I hope I can get it..

Molly A must read and I am almost finished! Intense---emotional, gripping at every unfinished bite!

I was very touched by the Authors acknowledgements--- Make sure you read them---

Shannon Rochester I had to add it to my list just based on what you had to say about it :)

Erin so emotional and touching. loved it.

message 6: by Sarah (new) - added it

Sarah I had it on my to-read list. but since you rated it with 5 stars I might pick it up after The Hunger Games series.

Erin Sarah wrote: "I had it on my to-read list. but since you rated it with 5 stars I might pick it up after The Hunger Games series."
you definitely should. it is SOOOOOO good :)

message 8: by Mariam (new) - added it

Mariam I'm hoping I can read this book sometime soon!

message 9: by Aria (new)

Aria It's very disturbing

message 10: by S.J (new) - rated it 4 stars

S.J i was thinking about reading this book but now i will thanks

message 11: by Inna (new) - rated it 3 stars

Inna a good read.

Kaitlin That book is amazing!

Funny12321 That book is amazing <3

message 14: by Georgie (new)

Georgie R I'm sorry, but I didn't like it. I found it very difficult to read. I read Tangled by Laurie Halse Anderson and I loved it, but the writing style was really different.

message 15: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie Boyle oh
me too

Brianna I LOVE THAT BOOK

Joely I actually checked this out from the library and decided not to read it :( I thought it would be too depressing...

Danika I LOVE this book so much. Laurie's an amzing author!

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

I loved it! It wasn't what I expected, but I was still really impressed! Sarah Dessen, let me just say you are so lucky that you got an early copy!

Molly so good,sad how the friend died also how it happened

message 21: by Emilie (new) - added it

Emilie Mom wants me to read i think it looks amazing laurie halse anderson is almost as good of a writer as you

Emily M. I really want to read this book!

message 23: by Shaz (new) - added it

Shaz Alam After taking comments about "WINTERGIRLS" MY Interest is shoot-up like BP to read LAURIE HALSE.

message 24: by Keri (new) - rated it 3 stars

Keri I ABSOLUTELY LOVED WINTER GIRLS!!!