Sandy Wolters's Reviews > Cover of Snow

Author: Jenny Milchman
Genre: Mystery, Suspense, Thriller
Length: Approximately 338 Pages
Release Date: January 15, 2013

As a wife for 34 years myself, the beginning of COVER OF SNOW by JENNY MILCHMAN reached out and grabbed me by the throat and squeezed tightly. I couldn't put it down. Nora, after a beautiful night spent with her husband, wakes to find that he has killed himself and left no note explaining his actions. The emotions that Ms. Milchman takes the reader through are so raw, so mind-numbing that it took my breath away. Through Ms. Milchman's words, I could feel the deep sorrow that Nora was going through and my heart ached for her. What an amazing start for a book. If you're looking for a light read, this is not the book for you. You will find yourself getting very emotionally involved, very quickly.

Brendan and Nora had moved back to the small town he grew up in several years ago from the big city so he could realize his dreams of coming home again and working in law enforcement. After Brendan's funeral, Nora starts to try to unravel what happened with her seemingly perfect husband, marriage and life. How could something have been so wrong with her husband, and she, the closest person to him, not know anything was wrong? Nora starts asking questions and is getting nothing but resistance from everyone, including the officers Brendan had worked so closely with. As a matter of fact, at times, Nora feels threatened by those that worked in law enforcement with her beloved husband. How could that be? Was her mind in its current state not working properly, possibly playing tricks on her? Was she misinterpreting what was being said to her?

Nora starts to uncover secrets in the small town that span all the way back to 25 years prior to the date of her husband's death. The more information she uncovers, the more danger she finds herself in.

This book is full of twists and turns. I couldn't stop reading because I just had to know what was going to happen next. COVER OF SNOW is an amazing page turner with a well thought out plot that has the reader sitting on the edge of their seat from beginning to end.

My only criticism of COVER OF SNOW was that I had a difficult time following the dialog in places. At times it was difficult to know who was talking. That could be, however, because I was reading it so fast to find out what was going to happen next that I just wasn't able to keep track of who was talking at the time.

If you like a good mystery, suspense, thriller that leaves you on the edge of your seat and unable to put the book down, then COVER OF SNOW by JENNY MILCHMAN is a great book for you. I highly recommend it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cover of Snow.

01/03/2013