Tracy's Reviews > No One Noticed the Cat

No One Noticed the Cat by Anne McCaffrey

Feb 26, 2009

liked it
Read in February, 2009

I haven't read Sci-Fi in I don't know how long, and probably haven't read Anne McCaffrey since high school. I thought the Sci-Fi in this novel was very mild, although I'll never understand why authors of this genre are encouraged to go on for paragraphs describing mythical things that exist only in their book, on and on...

I would classify this as a novella, I read it in a day and didn't break a sweat. The time frame and scope of the novel are fairly limited. We're just supposed to step into the novella and be swept away into the current events. For me this left questions like, "Why would the hero be inclined to marry when it seems like the first time he's ever met any royal ladies?" or "Why does he feel a need to get so involved?" The author tried to arrest my concerns but was unsuccessful.

I liked this book. I would call it cute, short, and great for a brain vacation. Definitely for any cat lovers out there.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read No One Noticed the Cat.