Shawna's Reviews > Giving Chase

Giving Chase by Lauren Dane

4 ½ stars – Contemporary Romance/Romantic Suspense

I feel like I’m the last person to arrive at a Chase family picnic since there are already so many great and rave reviews for Dane’s Chase Brothers series, but I’m glad I made a last minute appearance for this shindig because it was well worth it!

Giving Chase is the first book in a feel good, love conquers all contemporary romance series about the four hunky Chase Brothers (Kyle, Shane, Marc, and Matt) of small town Petal, Georgia and their loving, doting, spitfire mother Polly and tenderhearted, wise, lawyer father Edward.

This first Chase story focuses on history teacher and all around nice girl Maggie Wright, who after an unfortunate run-in with oldest brother Shane Chase involving some spilled chili cheese fries, stalker threats, and meddling by friends and family, finds herself the subject of a major Kyle Chase woo campaign...lucky her!

Kyle was a total dream beta hero, and his hot pursuit, fierce protection, and sweet romance of Maggie was swoon-worthy. Their relationship faced several challenges, including her insecurities, her outright hateful mother and sister, and a seriously creepy, dangerous stalker, but through it all, Kyle stood by Maggie and the strength of their love was inspiring. A great start to a fabulous, sweet, romantic series! 4 ½ stars!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Giving Chase.

07/01/2009 page 189

Dina LOL, you're not the last, Shawna! I haven't caved yet, but your review just put more pressure on me. ;)

Julianna Me either. I still need to get to these too.;-)

Mahlet Ditto! My sister yells at me every time she sees this book in my closet: "You still haven't read it yet?!?" Between you both, I'll get there very soon :)

Shawna Ya'll will love it! The Chase boys are smokin'!