Kristen's Reviews > Lucifer

Lucifer by Annabell Cadiz

Feb 21, 13

bookshelves: angels, demons, fantasy, magical, paranormal, romance, suspense, ya, witches
Read on February 21, 2013

GENRE: YA Paranormal
THEME: Romance, Demons, Angels
RECEIVED: Blog Tour
BLOG: http://seeingnight.blogspot.com/

REVIEW:
I love discovering new authors and cant wait for more books by Annabell Cadiz, the writing was well crafted, and characters developed nicely with the plots twist and turns that just kept me hooked. This is a paranormal trilogy to look out for and get your hands on it asap!

Lucifer follows Zahara a young girl who comes from a family of powerful Light Witches. Zahara is human unlike her mother and aunt, who carry the power. But an incident awakens a hidden power within her making her the perfect target for the very powerful Lucifer. Lucifer has a plan and Zahara is the key and he will stop at nothing to have her. Luckily for her, she has her powerful friends and family to protect her but at what cost and who can she trust?

Zahara is not your average type of girl she can handle her own in a fight. But her family is very insistent on her acting like she’s a normal girl even when she gets her powers. She’s the type of girl who never runs from a fight and will do anything and everything to stop the bad guy aka supernatural. She along with her best friend Becca are both very stubborn and get themselves in lots of sticky and dangerous situations. Becca was my favorite with her crush being a somewhat enemy, but a girl like her can change a guy? Right?

Bryan is a co-worker of Zaharas and someone who is hiding plenty of secrets. He is also the love interest and thank goodness for a well paced romance. It didn’t feel rushed and I enjoyed his character twist, along with working along side Zahara and her family.

Lucifer, I liked that as the reader we get both sides of the story from Zahara and him. I loved watching Lucifer pull together his plan and in the end the major shocker that connected everything. I didn’t see it coming at all! He’s the perfect villain. The readers are first introduced to him in the very beginning, which brings out why he wants vengeance years later. Cadiz did a great job with his side of the story and bringing to life a powerful man determined to get what he wants.

Overall this was an excellent debut novel and I’m definitely hooked! I can’t wait to see what Zahara and her family will do and what Lucifer’s next step is. A lot happens, the action and magic just keeps on going, I was pleasantly surprised with where this story went. Readers looking for an action packed, suspenseful, well written paranormal novel don’t need to look any farther, this is the book for you.

RECOMMENDATION:
This is a Young Adult books with a mix of Urban Fantasy and Paranormal magic. Fans of the Angelfire series by Courtney Allison Moulton and Brodi Ashtons Everbound series will love Lucifer by Annabell Cadiz.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lucifer.