Jessi's Reviews > Along Came Trouble

Along Came Trouble by Ruthie Knox

Dec 11, 2012

Read in December, 2012

I love romance heroes who do it all. Caleb Clark, the very alpha ex-military hero in Ruthie Knox's upcoming release Along Came Trouble. Besides having an awesome name, Caleb runs a security company, maintains his parents' ageing rental building, offers a job and opens his home to his sister while she recovers from a bad breakup, lends a supportive shoulder and a sympathetic ear to his pregnant best friend, keeps the crazies off the lawn of a local lawyer who happens to be the sister of a famous pop star, and romances the short-shorts off said lawyer in between rescuing puppies and saving the world. Okay, I made up the part about the puppies and the world-saving, but the rest of it is kosher. Did I mention he's great with kids, too?

Along Came Trouble had me charmed from page one. Divorced mom Ellen must set boundaries in her life, otherwise she'll lose all that hard-won independence she fought so hard for after leaving her adulterous ex. Caleb's mission is to protect Ellen from the backlash of being the twin sister of a pop star and next-door neighbor to said pop star's pregnant girlfriend. Both characters know what they want and aren't afraid to negotiate their patoots off to get it. Unfortunately, they are both excellent negotiators, and compromise is the name of the game.

Will Ellen and Caleb ever get ALL of what they really want? You'll have to read Along Came Trouble to find out. In the mean time, here's a teaser of a line to whet your apetite:

Rangy and muscular, his build fairly announced, I ran fifteen miles before you got up this morning, and I still have energy left to bayonet the enemy.--Kindle Location 161

Oh yeah. That's Caleb. I hope you become as smitten with him and I did.

Thanks Netgalley and Loveswept for the review copy of Along Came Trouble.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Along Came Trouble.