Brad Sells's Reviews > The 13th Sign

The 13th Sign by Kristin O'Donnell Tubb

Dec 11, 2012

bookshelves: arc-own
Read from December 31, 2012 to January 01, 2013

THE 13TH SIGN is unlike any kind of book you will ever read. Filled with a clever protagonist and outstanding pacing, THE 13TH SIGN is one of kind a book that should definitely be on your radar!

I mean, wow. The pacing is incredible in this book! I read in this book in a matter of 24 hours, simply because I couldn't set the book down. The first chapter was very enticing, and the rest of the book got even better. THE 13TH SIGN definitely shines out from other books.

Jalen was such a great main character! I loved traveling with her through her insane journeys throughout this novel as she tried to fix her problems (and believe me, the problems were huge in this book!), and I thought that the author did a brilliant job at weaving together Jalen's personality and such. I look for a few things in novels, more specifically in middle-grades (since anything can basically happen in MGs): a cunning and clever main character, a unique story idea, a well-crafted together world, and a special element that can be found at the end of the book.

THE 13TH SIGN had all that and more.

I was just a bit hesitant to dive into this book, just because I don't pay attention horoscopes. But the great thing about THE 13TH SIGN is that it isn't all about horoscopes and futures and whatever; it's about saving yourself and the ones you love and trying to fix your wrongs. That's why I love this book.

And that ending was CRAY. Can I just say that? CRAY CRAY. I was on the edge of my seat during the entire last-part of the book, and I adored every single second of it.

Overall, THE 13TH SIGN is definitely a must-read middle grade. Looking for something that's never been done before? Or something that will blow you away entirely? THE 13TH SIGN hits shelves very soon, and I highly recommend you pick yourself up a copy!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The 13th Sign.