Jack Kirby and the X-man's Reviews > Are We There Yet?: A Journey Around Australia

Are We There Yet? by Alison Lester

U_50x66
A travel journal by 8 year old Grace of their family's 3 month holiday around Australia. The story is based roughly on the author's experiences.

The story has, i think, accurately captured an 8-year-old's view of the holiday. The are multiple different 'journal entries' per page - with a picture illustrating each one. There is a map of their journey at the start, and every couple of pages there is a map showing their journey to date.

I've done ~1/2 of this trip at various times through the years, and Alison Lester does a fantastic job at highlighting the unique aspects of the various places visited.

So many Australian's travel overseas as young adults - but so many of them haven't actually seen much of their own country. My wife and I are planning a trip like this once X-man is old enough to remember - so he can explore the world knowing his own country. I may well use this book as part of the planning process for this trip!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Are We There Yet?.