Christy's Reviews > Cesar's Way: The Natural, Everyday Guide to Understanding and Correcting Common Dog Problems

Cesar's Way by Cesar Millan

Aug 18, 07

it was ok
Read in September, 2006

I started watching Cesar's show, The Dog Whisperer, last year. It was just before I adopted two small dogs (a chihuahua and a chihuahua/min pin mix), so I was really interested in the topic of controlling dogs' behavior.

I enjoyed the show, and after watching a few, the basic principles of Cesar's philosophy are apparent. Many of his techniques have been useful with my dogs, although some of the advice (like walking your dogs an hour or more a day) is not practical for people who work a 40+ hour week and/or live in a climate with cold winters.

Reading the book, though, was a bit of a chore because the prose wasn't as artful as in my usual reading choices. The writing was clumsy and bland, and I suspect it was largely ghostwritten. For someone interested in using Cesar's ideas with their own dogs, watching 5-10 episodes of his show is probably just as informative and has more entertainment value.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cesar's Way.

Amanda I have heard other people say that walking their dog is not practical but then they still wonder why their dog is hyper and misbehaves. I think the answer is that if you do not want to take care of your dog then you should not have one or at the very least get a very low energy breed.