Wendy's Reviews > The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People

Read in December, 2007

Started: Sometime in 2006
Finished: December 11, 2007

***

I remember a co-worker carrying this book around in about 1991, but didn't think it related to me (I thought it was a "would-be-movers-and-shakers" type book), so never gave it another thought until my husband's company had all its managers trained in the Habits, and he came back full of the ideas and terminology. I think I picked it up out of curiosity more than anything, but I found it quite fascinating.

Many of the habits are things I have learned (but that went by other names) over the course of my years, but the way Covey writes about them, and the examples he cites, made me see familiar material in a new and exciting way.

It took me a full year and then some to get through this book (it sat, ignored, for several months in there), and it will take time to internalize its lessons, but I plan to stick with it. Because who among us couldn't stand to be a little more effective, after all?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People.