Jenny's Reviews > Blood Work

Blood Work by Kim Harrison

Dec 10, 12

Recommended to Jenny by: Amy
Read from December 09 to 10, 2012

One of my friends spotted this at the library and let me borrow it. I had conveniently just read Into the Woods. The events in this graphic novel occur right after "Undead in the Garden of Good and Evil", so it was actually a very seamless transition.

I enjoyed seeing Ivy and Rachel work their first case together. As I'm sure many of the other folks have mentioned, the characters didn't look how I envisioned, but I'd say that's to be expected. They weren't too far off. One thing that did throw me off now and then is that either the drawing style or the coloring wasn't quite consistent. For instance, at the beginning of one of the chapters (think it was Chapter 2) in the first panel, Ivy looks completely different. Her hair was even colored brown instead of black, so I didn't recognize her at all (plus she had changed outfits). It confused me because I thought "Who is this character?" but the text box seemed to be clearly Ivy's internal thoughts from the second panel where Ivy was depicted in her normal state style again. I actually kept wondering who that first character was supposed to be before realizing it really was intended to be Ivy when I compared the outfit to what Ivy wore in the later panels. There were also a few panels where I had a hard time telling what was going on (most notably the action scenes).

Overall though, I'd say this was a good first graphic novel for the series, and I'd read the second one too (which is supposed to be in the works).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Work.