Jenna Howard's Reviews > Deadly Sting

Deadly Sting by Jennifer Estep

Jan 12, 13

bookshelves: urban-fantasy

This was my first response upon seeing this listed on Netgalley: repeatedly stab the request button. Okay, I only stabbed it once but then I proceeded to stalk my inbox over the holidays to see if I got to read it. Upon receiving my copy: I was so excited I damn near threw my phone to get to the email. And I heart my iphone. Really...I admit it's going to take a lot for me to ever write a bad review about this series. I cannot lie...I'm a Gin fangirl. So...yeah. Onwards to the review.

So as I may have said a few times in my Elemental reviews - I have a total girl crush on Gin. Upon reaching the end of the previous book there was a pained scream of "Noooo......whyyyyyyyy?" as I shook my book as if that would fix things.

And now here we are - a few months later with a broken-hearted Gin. May I just say she's seriously kick ass when her heart's been broken? I loved that there was more bi-play between her and Finn. I love their relationship. More so than the one with her sister. There's just a powerful friendship between her and her foster-brother. The kind you know they'd kill for (and have) or...worse...put on fancy dresses and go to a fancy shindig whereupon she comes face to face with her ex (damn it.) That kinda friendship...gold. Solid gold.

With Gin yet again finding herself ass deep in alligators and off to save everyone she loves (even if they did break her heart), I found myself in a world I love - a world of Gin kicking ass, taking names and blowing shit up. I love it when she makes no apologies for who she is. She's the Spider. She's bad. She's mad. And yet she's not this heartless bitch. Her heart aches for a victim who was in the wrong place and the wrong time, she worries about her friends, and she heartlessly slashes a dress apart (because you can't kick ass in a gown) with amusement as to how it will pain Finn's fashion heart.

The ending of this was so satisfying, I flopped back with an "that was awesome!" fist pump then the heart break that the next one isn't out until August. WTF!!!!

ARC provided by Pocket Books via NetGalley
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Deadly Sting.