Wendy's Reviews > Lavender Secrets

bookshelves: 2007, fiction, romance, lesbian, authorsihavemet
Read in February, 2007

Started: Feb 9/07
Finished: Feb 12/07
This book represents my first foray into F/F romance, and hey, whaddya know, it's not so different from M/F romance, except in the obvious way. You still need sympathetic main characters (check), a good premise (check), plausible reasons for attraction (check), and believable conflict (check). You also need interesting secondary characters (check) and subplots (check), and rising action (check). For contemporary romance, hot sex also counts (check, check, check and check).

I liked the characters in this and wanted the leads to get together, and was never genuinely sure that it would happen, until it did. Their ups and downs kept me interested.

I liked Jasmine and loathed Maya, and I liked all of Emma's dad's second family (but not her dad). I was sorry not to see a more dramatic dénouement to the Maya subplot (bloodthirsty creature that I am), and part of me (the Hollywood happy-ending, everything-tied-up-in-a-neat-package part) really wanted some kind of closure between Emma's mom and her dad. But life isn't neat and tidy, and not everything ends in a way that's meaningful, so I got over that and contented myself with the actual happy ending.

Good story. Good read. And my copy of the book is signed by the author!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lavender Secrets.