Pandora 's Reviews > Blue Noon

Mar 26, 2014

it was ok
bookshelves: young-adult
Read in February, 2009

Finised the series. I skipped read the last book just so I could see how the series would end and if the third book would redeem the first two. It didn't. In fact the book ended up worse than I thought it would. One misgiving about this book is not the book's fault but, it is on the Middle School list which I find totally wrong. The biggest problem though I do have with the book is that there is not one decent adult or adult like character in any of the three books. Even The Outsiders by SE Hinton managed to get one decent adult in the form of the oldest brother Darryl. For me this is the biggest problem of the book. I find it distrubing in an age when too many teens are into being in their own secretive world to have a book support that idea.

Though teens would like the charcters of the midnighters I found mosst of them to be flat. John and Jessica came off as Barbie and Ken dolls. Melissa is too mean. Dess' math bores me. Rex was intresting but, that was not enough. Half the time I would even forget that John was Spanish and Dess was an Indian.

I also found the book to be a drag becuase nothing could be done simply. Every plan had to have a series of mishaps, that would cause delays to get to the next plot point. Though the fight scenes could be exicting I got tired of them always coming just when a important plot point was suppose to happen. So it was fight off the monsters now the new plot point.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blue Noon.