Douglas Meeks's Reviews > The Accidental Genie

The Accidental Genie by Dakota Cassidy

Dec 09, 2012

liked it

The Accidental Genie (Accidentally Friends, #7)The Accidental Genie by Dakota Cassidy

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I have to say it is the least favorite of the series and it was plain bad for like the first 1/3 of the book. It picked up finally around 50% and ended well but my overall impression was forgettable. The first 3 were the best books with no doubt. I have read this series since book #1 came out and have enjoyed them all but the first 3 books were so much better and the next 2 were decent and enjoyable but this one was almost unbearable for about the first 1/3 of the book and the plot device that was so poor (a problem with a very obvious solution) that I could not even believe she expected readers to buy into it, it was more like the 3 Stooges . The romance took so long to get moving that by the time it got going I was already bored. I finished the book and that was saying something since it had long left me behind. All this book managed to do was possibly create another character for inclusion in future books but you could probably skip this book in the series and miss VERY little that could not be replaced with about 2 pages of info.

Bottom Line: This installment was phoned it until about the 50% mark and then it became close to an actual installment in the series. Die hard fans of this series (which I thought I was) are the only ones that are going to actually enjoy this whole book, the rest of us had to be dragged through it. Not horrible but average at best.

2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Accidental Genie.