Alysha Speer's Reviews > The Da Vinci Code

The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown

I totally and completely loved this book!!!!
I am so impressed because I know that Dan Brown had to do a TON of research reguarding this book!
It was hard for me to put it down, and I just enjoyed the whole thing. The strange relationship between Teabing and Langdon, I found particularly interesting. I was surprised when I found out that he was "The Teacher".
I love Sophie. She's a tough girl, and she's amazing! What really killed me was when she got to find her grandma and brother in the end! Talk about surprise!
I saw the movie a few years ago, but I barely remember it, so this book was still almost a total surprise to me.
I think Silas is an interesting character. I feel bad for him, mostly. He's just a tool in Teabing's game. But he's got a cool background and life story--not to mention his appearance!--and it just makes me facinated by him.
I'm not sure that I like Remy. He's mean. I liked the way he died. ;)
I think Fache and Collet are really awesome. They surprise you, and they've got certain characteristics that I just find intriguing.
But, of course, my ultimate favorite character was Robert.
Amazing book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Da Vinci Code.

Quotes Alysha Liked

Dan Brown
“Everyone loves a conspiracy.”

Dan Brown
“My lawyers will fricassee your testicles for breakfast. And if you dare board my plane without a warrant, your spleen will follow.”

Dan Brown
“Coincidence was a concept he did not entirely trust. As someone who had spent his life exploring the hidden interconnectivity of disparate emblems and ideologies, Langdon viewed the world as a web of profoundly intertwined histories and events. The connections may be invisible, he often preached to his symbology classes at Harvard, but they are always there, buried just beneath the surface.”

03/11/2009 page 170