Susan's Reviews > Rites of Spring (Break)

Rites of Spring (Break) by Diana Peterfreund

If you've been reading my reviews for the last week or so, you know all about Diana Peterfreund's Ivy League series. Rites of Spring (Break) is book 3 in the series, and it's all I've got until May! The last book will not be published until then, and I must tell you that I cannot wait to get my hands on it!

In Rites of Spring (Break), we catch up with our indefatigable heroine Amy Haskell, as she navigates her way through her senior year at the country's prestigious Eli University. As a member of the university's most distinguished secret society, the Order of the Rose & Grave, Amy's senior year should be full of opportunity and prestige. Unfortunately as part of the first tap class to include women in the order, Amy's membership has been pretty much all work and no play. She's spent the last two books being ostracized by important society patriarchs, losing important job offers, and being betrayed by her fellow "Diggers".

As her class is poised for their first real caper - breaking into the house of the Dragon's Head society and stealing back one of their statues - Amy is caught on camera, and becomes an official enemy of the rival secret society. The attacks on her begin, and Amy can't wait for Spring Break, when she will escape campus and spend a week on the societies private island. A few days before departure, Amy is devastated when she learns the real reason she has been targeted (and I can't tell you more without giving it away!) Suffice it to say that once on the island the mayhem continues and Amy's life is in constant danger. Lucky for her, the most unlikely of her society brothers is aware of the problem, and will do everything in his power to make her safe again.

Rites of Spring (Break) is the best yet in the series. The plot continued to be excellent, with lots of twists and turns that had me alternately gasping and laughing out loud. The characters have grown so much in the past three books, and I can't wait to see what happens as they prepare for graduation in book 4, Tap and Gown.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rites of Spring (Break).

03/27/2009 page 113
31.65% "This series is so good!"