Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!*'s Reviews > The Last Olympian

The Last Olympian by Rick Riordan

Finished re-reading this––and yup, it's still amazing. It's been five years since I first read it, and that ending still makes me tear up. GAHHHHH. <3 I will write a longer review at some point.

I'll put my old review under a spoiler because it was very spoilery (and oh my gosh I was ... not the most eloquent back then, to put it lightly). :P

(view spoiler)
61 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Last Olympian.

Quotes Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!* Liked

Rick Riordan
“The world was collapsing, and the only thing that really mattered to me was that she was alive.”

Rick Riordan
“Race you to the road?" I said.
"You are so going to lose." She (Annabeth) took off down Half-Blood Hill and I sprinted after her.
For once, I didn't look back.”

Rick Riordan
“And it was pretty much the best underwater kiss of all time.”
Rick Riordan, The Last Olympian

05/06/2009 "okay i haven't actually started it yet, but as soon as my sis finishes it IT'S MINE!!!! *foams at mouth* RAWRRR" 1 comment
05/07/2009 page 290
76.12% "holy crap ... this is sooo amazing =] hehe"
05/08/2009 page 290
76.12% "384"
07/01/2014 marked as: currently-reading
07/03/2014 page 182
47.0% "Have I mentioned how much I love Percabeth? UGHHH *cries*" 4 comments
07/09/2014 marked as: read
show 3 hidden updates…

Sella Malin OMG!!!!!!!!! IS IT OUT YET?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

message 2: by Angee (new)

Angee Saxey Is this series good? If so, why? No spoilers... I have not read it.

Laina AHHHH ME TOO BRIGID! I just barely read the fourth one, and now i CAN NOT WAIT!!!!!!!!!! MAY 5th MAY 5th... maybe I'll make it. *sob*

Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!* Sella wrote: "OMG!!!!!!!!! IS IT OUT YET?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!"

No. It comes out in May. I CAN'T WAITTTT!!!

Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!* Angee wrote: "Is this series good? If so, why? No spoilers... I have not read it."

Good? "Good" would be an understatement! Okay, so I admit: I'm a little old to be reading the series. But if these books had existed when I was ten years old, they would have been, like, the books of my childhood. I love them. They're clever, thought-out, funny ... They have great characters, an exciting plot, plus I love how all the greek mythology is tied in. Favorite book series, hands down. :)

Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!* Laina wrote: "AHHHH ME TOO BRIGID! I just barely read the fourth one, and now i CAN NOT WAIT!!!!!!!!!! MAY 5th MAY 5th... maybe I'll make it. *sob*"

Haha. I read the fourth one the day after it came out. I got up at 5 AM to read it. And then I finished and I'm like "NOOO I HAVE TO WAIT AN ENTIRE YEAR FOR THE NEXT ONE!!!"

omg i'm like DYING. AAGGGGHHH

Sella Malin ♥ Brigid ♥ wrote: "Sella wrote: "OMG!!!!!!!!! IS IT OUT YET?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!"

No. It comes out in May. I CAN'T WAITTTT!!!"

OMG!!! NEITHER CAN I!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! XD

Brigid, what are you talking about? You're not too young to read them! lol

Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!* oops i meant "too old". lol

Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!* wait, no i wrote "too old". YOU mean "too old". ^_^ heehee

Sella Malin Oops, yeah. I meant to say, you're not TOO OLD to read them!! lol

Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!* OMG IF ANY OF U GUYZ HAVEN'T READ IT YET, READ IT NOWWWWW!!! IT WAS SO FREAKING GOOD! ^_^

Clare D' Lune AK! ok so I finally got to read it! Well actually listen to it on CD which was extremly lame, but for some reason our library gets the CDS in before the books, and I did NOT want to wait >.

Laina i LOVED it! I've read it twice now... I read it when it came out, and then I decided to reread the whole series. So, so, so good. Words tend to fall short.

Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!* Gah, I knoww! It was amazing :D

Sella Malin GAAH THIS BOOK WAS SOO AMAZING!!! Brigid I agree, I was grinning when Percabeth happened. heehee. XD

Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!* Sella wrote: "GAAH THIS BOOK WAS SOO AMAZING!!! Brigid I agree, I was grinning when Percabeth happened. heehee. XD"

lol when my friend read the ending she was sitting next to me ... and she was like "OH MY GOD!! THAT IS SO HOTTT!" hahaha XD XD XD

Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!* ~☺Jenn☺~ wrote: "IT'S MY SECOND FAVORITE BOOK IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD! SO FAR, AT LEAST... *ominous music plays*

WHATEVS. GO PERCABETH!"

:D it's one of my fave books in the world too. lol.

Megan [I'm okay, I'm alright] I ABSOLUTELY COMPLETELY 100% AGREE!!!! oh my gosh!!!! xD

Megan [I'm okay, I'm alright] Oh and WHY have I not read these until now? I'm crazy!

Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!* Awesome! Glad you liked them as much as I did :D

message 23: by Ashley (new) - added it

Ashley Grimm Percabeth all the way!

Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!* ... Also, wow ... this review is really bad. And the comments ... *headsmack*

Megan [I'm okay, I'm alright] Haha I love/hate looking back at my old reviews and comment and such... Sigh.

Becca Really, its not that bad. You were just a little worked up/excited/sad/dissapointed/every other emotion.

Thebubbles It's okay, I cried too

Sophie Did you cry at all? Who's your favorite character? Mine is Luke. Go Percabeth!!!!

message 30: by kat (new) - rated it 5 stars

kat My only thought after finishing the book: PercabethPercabethPercabethPercabeth!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!

Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!* @Sophie - Oops I realize your comment is from a really long time ago but ... Hmmm it's been a long time since I read this but I don't remember crying while I read it. I don't usually cry while reading; I do get very emotional, but I don't often shed tears. As for a favorite character, that's a tough one ... I don't think I could choose between Percy and Annabeth for my favorite. I love them both a lot! And yes Luke is awesome as well. :)

@kat - YESSSS me too. I remember sitting in my study hall and getting to the ending and just being like "AAAHHHH!" on the inside. I wanted to just scream my head off and dance around the room but obviously I couldn't do that, haha. It's been five years and I'm still not over it. I love that ending. ;) Recently I re-read the first book and I'm planning to read them all again!

Taryn Like the comment about braiding the plant's hair like a My Little Pony :) LOL!

Taryn I meant Pony's hair not plant's....sorry..autocorrect is stupid!

Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!* Taryn wrote: "I meant Pony's hair not plant's....sorry..autocorrect is stupid!"

Wait ... what? I still don't know what you're referring to. :P

Taryn The book was talking about how Blackjack would probably have his hair braided like a My Little Pony then be back at the Princess Andromeda ship again. page 11

Taryn That Blackjack would rather have his hair braided like a MLP then be back at the Princess Andromeda

Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!* Ohhh okay. I'd forgotten that detail ... I haven't read this book in like five years. :P But that is funny, haha.

Taryn ik..right? I can't imagine Blackjack like that...

Taryn page 90! :)

Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!* Haha ok, I'll look out for it next time I read it.

Taryn page 140! It's so great!!!!!

Taryn It's a quick read

Book Girl Ok everyone one calm down...NO I WOULD RATHER GO CRAZY!! (Its way more fun anyway)

Book Girl Oh...and Kat... where in the world did you find that profile pic!!!!!!???????!!!!!!! :D