Jaime's Reviews > An Ice Cold Grave

An Ice Cold Grave by Charlaine Harris

Feb 23, 2009

bookshelves: 2009, paranormal_mystery
Read in February, 2009

I find Harper and Tolliver to be rather interesting protagonists — two people just trying to make a living from an unusual gift and keep to themselves, but who keep getting pulled into other people’s affairs. In this case, the discovery of a serial killer, an attack on Harper, and several other events all conspire to keep the two in Doraville much longer than they’d like. I’ve decided that this has been my favorite book of the three, maybe because we actually get a taste of a happy Harper in this one. Granted, her happiness comes from a realization of shared feelings between herself and her “brother”, but I had been told to expect it. I was afraid I might feel icky about their relationship, which appears incestuous from the outside, but by the time the book got to it I was prepared. Harper had already stopped thinking about him as her brother, so as a reader, I did too. I’m sad that this series hasn’t been continued yet, because I’m really interested to see how things continue for Harper and Tolliver.

This is the first book in the series I listened to instead of read, so I wonder if the audio production is what made me enjoy it more? That is an interesting rumination for another time.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read An Ice Cold Grave.