Emily's Reviews > The Little Giant of Aberdeen County

The Little Giant of Aberdeen County by Tiffany Baker

Mar 18, 09

Read in March, 2009

Meh. I finished this book, but it never really captured me. None of the characters were particularly sympathetic and the plot was just okay. I listened to this one, and maybe it was the long, dragged out listening experience that made the book feel long and dragged out - possibly if I had read it (quickly) it wouldn't have felt quite so average. That being said, it was totally clean and no bad language that I can remember, so it won't offend. But it probably won't excite, either.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Little Giant of Aberdeen County.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Kevin Waggoner I have just started reading The Little Giant and I have to say it is a quick read. The chapters are broken up for you which makes for easy scene changes. I also like Mrs. Baker's delicate use of metaphors which are sprinkled throughout the book rather than drawn out; much like enjoying a truffle for desert rather than a piece of chocolate tower truffle cake.

message 2: by Lisa (new) - rated it 1 star

Lisa M. I would have to agree; this book never captured me. I'd have to disagree, I think the theme later in the book (murder/mercy?) could be extremely offensive. I was insulted that the author casually brought up such a theme about half or two-thirds of the way through the book. You're right though, it was pretty unremarkable.