Connie Kuntz's Reviews > Hot, Flat, and Crowded: Why We Need a Green Revolution--and How It Can Renew America

Hot, Flat, and Crowded by Thomas L. Friedman

Mar 02, 09

Recommended for: I think it would be great to "teach" this book to high school and college students.
Read in March, 2009, read count: once, but it is worth re-reading

This is a provocative book by a very clear thinking, well-researched author. Though I appreciated Al Gore's movie and articles on Global Warming, I still didn't feel confident enough to say, without a doubt, that Global Warming is real. I mean I believed it was real, I just didn't know how to articulate it in a factual, logical way, you know, without getting emotional. I learned so much from this book, I am not even sure where to begin. If I just rattle off a list, this might help: Al Gore, technology/what "flat" means, the nature of scientists, the truth about the Weather Channel, the Sierra Club, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Trent Lott, motivation, GM, emissions, India, Charles Bukowski, Montana, extinct dolphins, etc.! Truly, this book is an excellent way to teach yourself about how one thing effects the next thing. It has given me so much to think about!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hot, Flat, and Crowded.

02/23/2009 page 26