Ashley Ann's Reviews > The Shadow Queen

The Shadow Queen by Anne Bishop

F 50x66
Mar 11, 2009

bookshelves: favorites, my-personal-library

When I first heard Anne Bishop was writing another Black Jewel book with new characters, I was wary, because I fell in love with the characters from the original trilogy the first time I read the books and came to love them more every time I reread the books. The Shadow Queen was amazing. I fell completely in love with the new characters and I sincerely hope she writes more books staring Cassidy and Gray.

The only thing I can say against the book was that I felt like so much was given to Cassidy to accomplish at the beginning of the book that I felt like the ending didn't resolve enough of those problems. It ended enough to love the book and give things a decent sense of closure, leaving the reader to decide how things resolved themselves, but I would have liked to read more. I just can't get enough of anything written by Anne Bishop.

I would definitely recommend rereading The Invisible Ring before reading this book. At a few different points, I really had to pause my reading to try to remember the details of things from The Invisible Ring that were being referred too.

An absolute joy to read. A wonderfully relaxing way to spend an afternoon.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Shadow Queen.