Steffy's Reviews > Crash

Crash by Lisa McMann

Jan 08, 13

Read from December 07 to 09, 2012

Review: If you were a fan of Lisa McMan first series (WAKE) I think you will enjoy this new VISION series.
The first book Crash is a quick read and doesn’t fall into the usual cliché that you might get in YA books. It was very entertaining and you couldn’t help but feel bad for the main character Jules as she is having the same vision of horror over and over again and she is unsure if there is something behind that or if she is just going crazy.
It’s an intriguing book and as the plot unveil you find yourself trying to decode the visions that Jules has in order to prevent the drama.
Jules is a very likable character that is caught in a old family feud full of secrets….She is a bit the Juliette of the Pizza market.
I like the secondary characters, especially Jules brother who I would like to take a more important role in the next books.
Don’t expect much romance in this book because even if Jules loves someone it’s from afar however I’m, pretty sure that we can expect the romance to take a bigger place in book 2.
However, I have to admit I found it a bit too short and maybe it only grazed the surface of some back-story that I thought might be relevant and give this story more dimension but since it’s only the first of a planned series I think this down point can be forgiven and I need to give the benefit of the doubt that it might have been done on purpose.
In conclusion: Crash was an easy quick read that will be appreciated by all the Lisa McMann fans out there.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crash.

12/09/2012 page 149