Stephanie's Reviews > Popular Vote

1619431
Mar 27, 09

bookshelves: own
Read in February, 2009

What I enjoyed most about Popular Vote was the way how life seemed perfect at first but then things change and you find out that life isn't always so perfect.

Erin Bright is the daughter of the mayor. Life for seemed laid out and she seemed to expect everything. Life is pretty much dominated by the males in her life - her father, mayor of town and her boyfriend, president of the student council. She seems to be surrounded by politics and it has always been normal for her to be in the sidelines, supporting her loved ones. This year, however, she finds herself passionate about an environmental cause and ends up running for president herself - against her boyfriend and everyone one that she knows.

At first, Erin Bright seemed like a bubble-head because all she ever did was support her loved ones. She seemed to have no real opinion of herself. I was proven wrong of course when I found that she actually can think for herself and has become passionate about the field behind her school. She is brave and courageous because she stood for what she believed in, even though it went against her father's campaign and her boyfriend's campaign. She has a very strong personality overall. She is also a very good public speaker [one that I will never be ;:] and manages to not only keep her friends but to also have a favorable outcome as well.

If you like a tad bit of romance mixed in with politics, this book is your cup of tea. :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Popular Vote.