becky's Reviews > All Together Dead

All Together Dead by Charlaine Harris

Feb 22, 09

Read in February, 2009

** spoiler alert ** Finally - we're back to the vamps and in a big way! In this book, Sookie and Quinn have finally gotten together romantically, but they still don't see a whole lot of each other. Having become of interest to the Queen of Louisiana for her telepathic abilities, Sookie (along with the Northern Louisiana vamps) are summoned to Illinois for a big old Vampire Summit. This is post-Katrina Louisiana so the vampire queen is low on cash, missing a few devoted vamps and charged with the killing of her husband. As the only actual witness to the killing, Sookie is doubly in demand as she's needed to testify at the hearing.

In this book we see the re-emergence of the Fellowship of the Sun, some pissed off vampires and humans, a clash between clans and Sookie's loyalties tested. Is she Quinn's girlfriend and if so, what does that mean? What's her relationship with Eric and can it be defined? Unfortunately for Sookie, this book sees the two far too closely entwined, but it was either Eric or another vamp and we already know Sookie has a thing for Eric ... even if she won't freely admit it.

This book is filled with a lot of vampire politics, mystery and towards the end, a ton of action as Sookie's telepathic capabilities literally help determine life or death for several characters.

When I finished this book I felt like I *needed* to jump into the next one. Unfortunately, I've been told I need to get a library card and quit spending so much darn money on books. :-)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read All Together Dead.