Morgan's Reviews > He's Just Not That Into You: The No-Excuses Truth to Understanding Guys

He's Just Not That Into You by Greg Behrendt

1977404
Feb 22, 2009

liked it
bookshelves: non-fiction
Read from June 13 to 26, 2015

This book needs a technological update SO BADLY -- answering machines and landlines and phone books...OH MY.

BUT...I wish I'd had it back when I was starting college. Before I started really "dating"--and that's what it was. "Dating" in quotations. Not actual real take you out to dinner dates, but come over and watch a movie and maybe make out a little "dates".

It's fun, but it doesn't go anywhere. Greg has a lot of great points and I wish he'd been the voice in my head back then and ever since. I think we're ALL worth a lot more than we've been settling for, but in this new age of dating and technology... It's not really the same as it was in years past.

I, obviously, need to put more effort in myself on the getting out there and meeting people who might potentially want to date me in a proper sense, but it's one of those things that you let yourself get mired down under all the bad things you've run into along the way. It starts to feel like that's all that's out there, but it is possible to find people who *are* that into you.

And I'm okay holding out for someone who looks at me the way my Dad looks at my Mom. Or the way my brother looks at his wife.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read He's Just Not That Into You.

06/13/2015 marked as: currently-reading
06/15/2015 page 36
20.0% "Just reading a little of this each night. While it has some good advice (and things I wish I could tell myself of 10+ years ago), it is definitely dated -- more than just by the answering machine on the cover! Talking about how a guy will work to find your number in a phone book! This book was published in '04 and I haven't had a landline for at least that long."
06/26/2015 marked as: read

message 1: by Cait S (new)

Cait S I've been looking at you like that for years. And it's legal now. Sew.

Morgan Cait wrote: "I've been looking at you like that for years. And it's legal now. Sew."

We're already more than married. Now we just get. dat. paper.

message 3: by Cait S (new)