VegasGal's Reviews > Lost: Lost and Found Pet Posters from Around the World

Lost by Ian Phillips

Jul 27, 11

bookshelves: animals, read-2011, manchester-2011
Read on July 27, 2011

Since I was the creator of two such posters a few months ago, oddly enough for one lost cat (found!), then one found dog (never found owner, adopted though by someone), I had a personal reason to want to read this book immediately. It was of course an extremely sad/heartbreaking collection of posters, and a strange "collection" to have in my opinion. I thought the children's drawings were cute and funny, but I was disappointed in the foreign language posters that were included with little to no translation. I would think that if an author would include posters from around the world, they would at least take the time to get a translator, even if you can get the basic gist that an animal has been lost, readers may be missing that one sentence that would make a particular poster that much more meaningful or funnier. This book includes tips and making lost/found posters and "facts" about missing animals, which really should have listed a source where the information was obtained from since I question the validity of some parts. Finally, the included "flip-book" of animal illustrations on every other page on the left side of the book was a cute addition to the book. (But then again it makes the reader have to bend the book a lot in order to see the images move, and that's a big NO-NO in the eyes of book lovers such as myself)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lost.