Kirsti's Reviews > It's All Too Much: An Easy Plan for Living a Richer Life with Less Stuff

It's All Too Much by Peter Walsh

Feb 22, 2009

bookshelves: nonfiction, practical-stuff
Read in February, 2009

Peter Peter Peter. Must you ask me to reflect on my goals for my life and my living space? Can't you just tell me how to stop being a slob? I AM AN AMERICAN . . . I expect solutions to be immediate and painless.

Actually, I thought this was quite good. The author has a TV show called Clean Sweep, which I don't think I have ever seen. The book is really designed for a woman who lives in the suburbs, is married, has small children, and has a house and a yard and a garage. However, Walsh tries to provide information for others who may not have exactly that situation.

Can you believe that some people save their kid's first dirty diaper? Walsh insists that he's seen this more than once.

While listening to this, I jettisoned three bags full of junk mail, shredded a few years' worth of old bills and tax returns, did laundry, cleaned the kitchen, and reorganized my cookbook shelves. I did not reimagine my life, develop a purpose and plan for each room of my home, or commit to an ambitious year-round cleaning-and-organizing plan. Oh well.
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read It's All Too Much.

message 1: by Monet (new)

Monet good review - and I know the feeling - while watching hoarders I cleaned off my desk, and under my desk, and the drawers too...

Kirsti LOL Monet! I don't know if I will ever be truly organized, but I'm better than I used to be.