Tami Lynn Andrew's Reviews > And Then There Were None

And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie

Dec 06, 12

Read in December, 2012

I decided to read this because I am personally obsessed with claustrocore (a term I coined to describe movies where a person or persons are trapped in a certain space for the whole of the film with a threat of some kind on their lives.. talk to me about this independently of this review if you want to discuss). It is important to note that I had never read Agatha Christie before, and though I knew the plot of this book (having been redone countless times throughout media) I knew little else about her.
It put me in a difficult position: being a huge fan of narrative twists and creative plot-lines I have seen a million renditions of the tropes that Christie herself invented, so the book might seem redundant. But because I appreciate a good writer, I thought it would make sense to go back and read where it all began.

I HAVE NO IDEA HOW I NEVER READ AGATHA CHRISTIE BEFORE. My assumption is that, having somehow skipped over her books between Goosebumps and Stephen King, I always assumed it was then or never. But it is not. No. It is not.
Now I am obsessed. I brought this book back to the library when I was done and got Murder on the Orient Express, which I finished in two sittings; and can safely assume I will be reading at least one Agatha Christie book a month until I have finished at least all of the classic titles.
Love it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read And Then There Were None.

Adele I have always been intrigued by ''claustrocore' too, although of course didn't have a word for it!

Tami Lynn Andrew Awesome! Have any claustrocore book suggestions?? They are so much harder to come by than claustrocore movies!