Robin's Reviews > Real Food for Mother and Baby: The Fertility Diet, Eating for Two, and Baby's First Foods

Real Food for Mother and Baby by Nina Planck

Feb 23, 09

bookshelves: 2009-list, health-and-fitness
Recommended to Robin by: ARC
Read in February, 2009

This may seem a strange book for me to be reading since my youngest son is 17 but my oldest son is 23 and married so I may be a grandmother sometime in the next few years but the real reason I got an advance review copy of this book was to pass it onto a pregnant co-worker figuring she would enjoy reading it. But, I had to look it over before I passed it on and I was mighty impressed with the book's empowering stance on reminding parents to feed themselves and their children healthy foods. I wish I had this 24 years ago, that's for sure. I don't feel like I did an entirely poor job feeding my children but I know that if I had skipped pre-packaged food, I wouldn't need to stock those little cracker fishes for the voracious teen! My sons do eat healthfully but if I hadn't gotten them eating junk food, they might never have eaten it at all, is what I'm saying. Of course, they don't eat a lot of junk food but they will nosh on potato chips and packaged cookies as quickly as grapes and apples. (And just to be fair, my middle son is 20 and he currently shuns sugar!)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Real Food for Mother and Baby.