Izlinda's Reviews > Fruits Basket, Vol. 6

Fruits Basket, Vol. 6 by Natsuki Takaya

Feb 21, 2009

bookshelves: manga
Read in February, 2009

The biggest story arc in this volume is the visit by Kyo's Master and his revealing Kyo's biggest secret to Tohru (his secret form) in hopes that Kyo will realize he's happy and healing at Shigure's home and can't run away to live with him. I really liked this part because it answered one question I had about Kyo's real form, and it showed a lot of vulnerability on Kyo's part. And his Master, too. Maybe I also learned that hey, you should be forward with your feelings about people, because you could just be missing each other. I thought it realistic, too, that Kyo was so enraged that he accidentally clawed at Tohru.

The other plot was Yuki and Tohru visiting Yuki's older brother's store. Ayame had kind of fallen in the background with me, and I already had an idea what his store was like (selling maid and nurses costumes), but it's a nice balance of Yuki doing something to make himself improve compared to Kyo.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fruits Basket, Vol. 6.