Lisa C's Reviews > Bridge to Terabithia

2039351
Dec 05, 13

bookshelves: kids, booklists
Read in October, 2007

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bridge to Terabithia.

Comments (showing 1-6)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

message 6: by orangerful (last edited Mar 12, 2009 01:41PM) (new)

orangerful I agree. This is one of those books (along with 'Where the Red Fern Grows') that I was forced to read in elementary school and it about ended me love of reading because it wasn't taught well and it just made me angry.

Carol wow. you are very definite in your dislike of this book. it's one of my favorites but I agree to disagree:-) I haven't seen the movie so I can't even comment on that aspect of it... the previews made me not want to see it because I could tell they were very misleading.

Lisa C I'm still angry that I wasn't forceful enough when I warned my brother about it, so he took all three kids to the movie. They all cried and apparently the whole theater was in shock.

message 3: by Mmldog (new)

Mmldog I have to say that you really do not share my view on this book. I think that it is a wonderful book with a wonderful story line. I am in middle school, and I read it at age 10, and although I did cry a little, I think it was on of the most thought provoking books that I have ever read.

Lisa C Interesting point. I wonder if I would have had a completely different reaction if I hadn't read it for the first time as an adult. Many more experiences and exposure to different kinds of literature...maybe made me too cynical? Hmm....

Rachel I actually read this book when I was in the fifth grade, and I still really disliked it. I thought it was boring for the most part. I liked the movie a lot better, but I wouldn't watch or read it again. It's funny to find so many different opinions. :)