Michael's Reviews > Let the Right One In

Let the Right One In by John Ajvide Lindqvist

Feb 21, 09

bookshelves: must-list
Read in February, 2009

This book was so frickin' good!
I read this book because I had been hearing great reviews of the Swedish film based on this book that is in theaters now. I wanted to see the movie, but of course was curious to read the book first.
Amazing! A really effective and creepy re-invention of a vampire novel. Like a truly literate and very adult version of the Twilight novels, this book is about a "12-year-old" female vampire (actually hundreds of years old, of course, in the body of a little girl) who moves into a small community in Sweden, and falls in love with her deeply troubled and angst-filled 12-year-old neighbor.
Rife with serial killers, pedophilia, school yard bullys, vampires, and unrequited love, this book is a must for anyone who likes their novels dark and twisted.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Let the Right One In.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Julianna (new) - added it

Julianna I didn't know there was a book till now, but I loved the movie! I cant wait to read the book. There are two, one is the same title as the book and the one I watched was Let me in. AMAZING.

message 2: by Julianna (new) - added it