Michele's Reviews > The Debutante Divorcee

The Debutante Divorcee by Plum Sykes

Feb 24, 09

Read in February, 2009

I know why this was on sale for $5.99. I like a cheesy book now and then, but this was awful. Sometimes I want to know what its like to be a NY woman all into labels and money, but it made me want to puke. A lot of the dialogue (darling this and that) was over the top. Is this how socialites talk or was this the British version of rich American women? I'll never know! I'm waiting for Sarah Stroymeyer to come out with another book! That's the kind of fluff I like!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Debutante Divorcee.

02/20/2009 page 1
0.4% "I need my fluff!"

message 1: by Chalida (new)

Chalida I am a sucker for chick lit every once in awhile too so thanks for the warning. I am curious about Stroymeyer now. I usually go to Jennifer Weiner, Marian Keyes, Terry McMillan or Maeve Binchy when I am in the mood. Sometimes I can do Sophie Kinsella, but rarely. I love chick lit for the escape, but then it is always great for me to read another more 'quality' book after reading something fluffy and think, "oh yeah, this is really what good writing is like."

Michele I love Maeve Binchy! I haven't heard of Marian Keyes, I must put her on my list!