Tara's Reviews > The Celestine Prophecy

The Celestine Prophecy by James Redfield

Mar 28, 07

Favorite Quotes

...We humans have always sought to increase our personal energy in the only manner we have known, by seeking to psychologically steal it from the others--an unconscious competition that underlies all human conflict in the world.

...Dreams come to tell us something about our lives that we are missing.

15 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Celestine Prophecy.

Quotes Tara Liked

James Redfield
“...the basic stuff of the universe, at its core, is looking like a kind of pure energy that is malleable to human intention and expectation in a way that defies our old mechanistic model of the universe--as though our expectation itself causes our energy to flow out into the world and affect other energy systems.”

James Redfield
“...The human perception of this energy first begins with a heightened sensitivity to beauty.”

James Redfield
“We humans have always sought to increase our personal energy in the only manner we have known, by seeking to psychologically steal it from the others--an unconscious competition that underlies all human conflict in the world.”

James Redfield
“...Dreams come to tell us something about our lives that we are missing.”

James Redfield
“We must assume every event has significance and contains a message that pertains to our questions...this especially applies to what we used to call bad things...the challenge is to find the silver lining in every event, no matter how negative.”

James Redfield
“When love first happens, the individuals are giving each other energy unconsciously and both people feel buoyant and elated. That's the incredible high we call being ‘in love.’ Unfortunately, once they expect this feeling to come from another person, they cut themselves off from the energy in the universe and begin to rely even more on the energy from each other--only now there doesn’t seem to be enough and so they stop giving each other energy and fall back into their dramas in an attempt to control each other and force the other’s energy their way.”

James Redfield
“When we dislike someone, or feel threatened by someone, the natural tendency is to focus on something we dislike about the person, something that irritates us. Unfortunately, when we do this--instead of seeing the deeper beauty of the person and giving them energy--we take energy away and actually do them harm. All they know is that they suddenly feel less beautiful and less confident, and it is because we sapped their energy.”

James Redfield
“Sexual union is a holy moment in which a part of Heaven flows into the Earth.”
tags: sex