Jen Bigheart (I Read Banned Books)'s Reviews > Crash

Crash by Lisa McMann

Dec 18, 12

bookshelves: arc
Read from December 04 to 08, 2012

I was late to a Christmas party because I just HAD to finish this book! Read in three sittings - fun, fast, and a huge ending! Teens will be loving this one, and more, for sure...

Full Review:
This is one of my favorite McMann books! I read CRASH in two sittings and was surprised when I was suddenly on the last page. From the opening pages I fell in love with Jules and her nutso family. They are loud, involved, and totally reminded me of my own. I especially love her relationship with her older brother Trey. I love when books shine siblings in a positive light! It should happen a lot more often, in my opinion! He is compassionate, understanding, and the two have a way about them that I hope is inspirational to other teens. Her relationship with her parents are another thing entirely. The love is there, but so is obligation and maybe guilt. I felt bad that Jules and her siblings work night and day in the family restaurant. When a rivalry between another Italian restaurant surfaces, things in the kitchen really heat up! (ha) We learn about ties to the past, a secret recipe, and a very cute boy.

Jules visions of a horrific accident are what set her apart from her family. Of course, she can only talk to Trey about what she sees, but when she decides to rewrite the future she needs to reunite with said very cute boy.

This is where a lot of mysteries begin to unravel - mysteries that took me by surprise. Sawyer, very cute boy, and Jules have quite a past. Former BFFs, things went south a long time ago and the tension and hard feelings remain. Well, Jules doesn't exactly have hard feelings for Sawyer. More like, head over heels in love feelings. Too bad Sawyer basically wrote her off years ago. More mystery builds, cops are called, and those darn visions are getting worse and the body bags are piling up.

The action packed ending had my heart racing and the very last sentence of the book just about killed me! Totally relatable characters, fast moving plot with mystery and an action packed ending - highly recommend!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crash.

12/05/2012 page 99