Kirsty's Reviews > The Darwin Awards: 180 Bizarre True Stories of How Dumb Humans Have Met Their Maker

The Darwin Awards by Wendy Northcutt

Jul 01, 09

bookshelves: favourites, non-fiction, humour
Read in July, 2009

This book was hilarious. I am now seriously wondering how the human race has managed to survive for as long as it has. Surely for each idiot mentioned in this book there are loads more just waiting to do something fatally stupid? And doesn't it seem that it's the stupid ones that breed more frequently than those who possess a brain?

Anyway, this book chronicles the bizarre ways in which people have 'improved our gene pool by removing themselves from it in an astonishingly stupid way'. Also eligible for a Darwin award are those who have successfully rendered themselves unable to reproduce by doing something equally stupid.

Some of the stories are not for the faint-hearted, but most of them are hilarious to the point that I got some funny looks from people around me because I was laughing out loud. Straight into my list of favourites.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Darwin Awards.

06/26/2009 page 1
06/29/2009 page 110
34.38% "This book confirms my belief that there are MANY incredibly dumb people out there!"
06/30/2009 page 168
52.5% "How on earth has the human race survived thus far??!" 2 comments
show 2 hidden updates…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Boof (new)

Boof Sounds great Kirsty. I have a feeling that I bought this book for Dave a few years ago which means that it will now be unopened and gathering dust somewhere!

Kirsty Hehe, I would recommend you read it. It will make you glad to be the owner of common sense!