Samantha's Reviews > Call of the Highland Moon

Call of the Highland Moon by Kendra Leigh Castle

2021465
Feb 20, 2009

If you all remember awhile back I got the chance to read Dark Highland Moon by this author and absolutely loved it. I was in the mood for a good romance and it fit the bill for me. Unfortunately, it was the 2nd book in this series and so I added the first one to my TBR list to go back to. I ended up requesting this one from the library when I realized I was craving another romance and happily this didn't disappoint.

Let's begin with a bit about the book: Gideon (a werewolf) has run to America trying to get his head on straight and learn to be the future leader of his pack. He is looking for something more but isn't sure what that is. Gideon has just decided to go back home and accept his responsibilities when he is attacked by a group of werewolves. Carly finds him in his wolf form on her doorstep wounded and brings what she thinks is a very large dog home with her. And the story begins...

I will admit that I am a sucker for a well-laid out romance once in awhile and this author can write one. I was hooked from the first page and barely put the book down unless I absolutely had too :) I loved the romance and chemistry between Carly and Gideon and couldn't get enough of their story. I wasn't sure how it was going to work between the two of them but the author pulled it all together in the end for me. The ending made the book for me and although I can't sure for sake of spoilers suffice it to say that it was awesome! I love the mix of paranormal and romance in this series and am so glad that I found out about this author. I would highly recommend this book to those who enjoy paranormal romances and of course the 2nd book as well.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Call of the Highland Moon.