Sunny's Reviews > Along Came Trouble

Along Came Trouble by Ruthie Knox

Feb 02, 13

bookshelves: arc
Read from December 04 to 06, 2012

Along Came Trouble is Book Two in the Camelot series. This book is not a single story, but rather several stories woven into one narrative. The primary story is between Caleb and Ellen. Caleb is immensely likable. He's the kind of guy who you would trust with your life, woo in your bed, and have a beer with. However, I found it really difficult to connect with Ellen's character - she is rather mean to Caleb and it takes some time to discover why that is so. Once it is revealed, it makes sense, (view spoiler) but I'm not sure Ellen's character ever truly rebounded in my eyes.

The story that drew my attention the most was the one between Jamie and Carly. Jamie is an internationally renowned rock star who falls in love with the girl next door, literally. Needless to say, havoc ensues and Jamie finds himself in the position of winning Carly back. It is fun and it is flirty.

Ruthie Knox has a writing style that is engaging and characters that are always interesting (even if sometimes you want to rage at them) and oh, my, can this writer pen a bedroom scene - some of which does not happen in the bedroom.

IN A NUTSHELL:

Camelot is a time or place of idyllic happiness. Spread the joy and experience a little happiness with this newest addition in the the Ruthie Knox library.

Thank you to Ruthie Knox for the ARC via Netgalley.
March 11, 2013 expected release date

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Along Came Trouble.

12/05/2012
60.0% "ambitious"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Soo (new)

Soo This is a good review. =)

message 2: by Sunny (last edited Feb 02, 2013 11:51PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sunny Soo wrote: "This is a good review. =)"

Thanks, Soo. Have you read Ruthie Knox? I like her for contemporary romance.

message 3: by Soo (new)

Soo I don't think so. It doesn't seem familiar but I'm running into all sorts of stories I forgot I read. =)

message 4: by Dd (new)

Dd Great review Sunny!!:))

Sunny Dd wrote: "Great review Sunny!!:))"

Thank you, Dd!