Bubbles Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions 's Reviews > Silver/Steel

Silver/Steel by Belinda McBride

I hate this cover. The photoshop job is atrocious and the portions all wrong. That poor white haired guys scalp doesn't fit with that face

-----

The prologue confused me. It was very wordy and (view spoiler)

Demon Hitman sending text messages. How can you not take that seriously?

So at first shitty Travis says he yelled at Michelle to get her riled up and now pages later it's saying she's riled up because Travis's mom shifted in the road. Did I miss something in these few pages or is this just a completely contradictory of itself? Between the prologue and this it seems to be off to a jumbled mess of a start

And why was he naked? He goes to the clearing after he gets home. Then he's naked and then he's wearing clothes again? Wtf seriously? Did this have an editor?

By 5% Travis and his pity party is already really old. I don't like him at all so far

Eh the more Travis thinks the more I dislike him. I wish there was more dialogue instead of pages and pages of his inner monologue. Boring.

And I thought this was mm? So far Travis thinks about all the woman he's with and is going out to find a woman of two for the night and to do his drugs and start fights. Then it switched to Dylan's Pov so he can't think about hooking up with his curvy waitress. These are all details I hate and find pointless in mm.

So far this is nothing like book one. Majorly disappointing and only at 9%

9% the guys haven't even met yet and I'm about ready to DNF this. The bar scene with Travis just antagonizing everyone is ridiculous. What's the point of this? Supposed to be funny? It's not its boring and just makes Travis look like even more of an immature douche. And if he starts fights and shit all the time wouldn't he be kicked out of the bar? If he's that infuriating to all the other customers I don't see any bar not banning him?

10% they finally meet. At this point I'm like who cares. Since te whole interaction is drowned out with pages and pages of internal dialogue and physical descriptions of everyone.

A few sentences exchanged and then Travis off to buy drugs from his dealer. I didn't really care for his dealers life history or that last time he shot up heroine and this time he's going to stick to herbs. Is there ANY point to this? Is there going to be a plot?

So 14% and the beginning is so boring/confusing and the mc is just unlikeable so not sure if I want to try and read more and hope for an actual plot development or just give up. The whole druggy being drugged and then saved from being rapped by other mc seems contrived. And the sucky Mcs always thinking "I'm not gay, I'm not gay, okay sometimes I check guys out, but I'm not gay, I'm not gay, okay sometimes I do oral with guys, but I'm not gay, I'm not gay" (not a direct quote) is already really old and annoying.
6 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Silver/Steel.

message 1: by Jess (new)

Jess OMG that is bad hahaha

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions Yeah just looks so weird. I read like 15% of this hated it. Nothing like the first one :(

message 3: by Jess (new)

Jess Damn !!!!!!!

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions I waiting for others to post reviews first since I don't want to post mine before there's a good one.

The mc in this one acts 12 and the whole time is just throwing himself a pitty party. It was so boring and he's an aggressive druggy, I just didn't like him at all