Rane's Reviews > Scandal

1987431
May 12, 2011

bookshelves: keeper, regency-napoleonic-era, historical
Read in February, 2009

This is my first book I've read of Carolyn Jewel and it just so beautiful.
I fell in love with Lord Banallt and his journey to win Sophia's heart. You can't help but cheer for him until the very last page.
15 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Scandal.

05/09/2011 page 23
7.0% "in the mood for a keeper-reading. Plus, on the look-out for a a similar style story..." 5 comments

message 1: by Emery (new) - added it

Emery Lee Hi Rane!
I haven't read SCANDAL yet but recently finished
Indiscreet by Carolyn Jewel. I'm sure you will like it.

Tammy Walton Grant Hi Emory, I'm butting in on Rane's thread to flog highly recommend you read Scandal. It is amazing.

Right Rane?

Rane Tammy wrote: "Hi Emory, I'm butting in on Rane's thread to flog highly recommend you read Scandal. It is amazing.

Right Rane?"

*LOL* I agree 120% with you Tammy!

Scandal was better then Indiscreet Emery, as Indiscreet had this focus issue. Focusing on mundane things then the characters themselves.

MaryReadsRomance Rane. I LOVED this book! Had to write a rave review because I wish more people would read it and support this author. Can you recommend other books of hers to me? I read Lord Ruin years ago, and the Spare and now Scandal this year. Thanks..

Rane MaryReadsRomance wrote: "Rane. I LOVED this book! Had to write a rave review because I wish more people would read it and support this author. Can you recommend other books of hers to me? I read Lord Ruin years ago, and th..."

I'm really happy you loved it Mary! As for other books by CJ - Indiscreet and Not Wicked Enough were very good and lovely. Her last Hr release Not Proper Enough just didn't have the CJ shine and style I come to love about her.

MaryReadsRomance Thanks! Read all 3 now. Scandal, The Spare, and Lord Ruin remain my favorites. Her earlier books had some very well crafted phrases etc. of writing that I know must have taken work and the later ones addressed the background issues but lacked the fresh writing (too experimental in style at times for me). Still over all, LOVE her writing and would give her another try any time!

Rane MaryReadsRomance wrote: "Thanks! Read all 3 now. Scandal, The Spare, and Lord Ruin remain my favorites. Her earlier books had some very well crafted phrases etc. of writing that I know must have taken work and the later on..."

I adore her writing as well. Lord Ruin sequels should be out next year (from her newsletter) and looking forward to that even though I myself wasn't a fan of Lord Ruin

MaryReadsRomance Rane wrote: "MaryReadsRomance wrote: "Thanks! Read all 3 now. Scandal, The Spare, and Lord Ruin remain my favorites. Her earlier books had some very well crafted phrases etc. of writing that I know must have ta..."

Really? I had no idea. I read Lord Ruin sometime back as a loaner and ironically thought it was a much older pub being repub'ed (the style and bodice ripper nature made me think that). I can't imagine a sequel but that should be interesting... Thanks for the head up.